Monday, October 3, 2011

I shouldn't be allowed to take advice from anyone ever.

  I'm referring to everyone who tells me about how I will learn to appreciate the few measly moments of sleep I get in my four years at Booker T. I understand they are just imparting wisdom upon the new generation of BTW students, but it gets to a point where I begin to overanalyze ponder the question of "Is Booker T. Washington the antithesis of sleep?" "Does art subtract from sleep and dreams? Or do dreams add to art/ vice versa?"

"Does Chewbacca have a beard? Or is he a beard himself?"

  What a lot of the people who tell me this don't realize (namely because I don't tell them) is that sleep and I aren't exactly buddy-buddy with each other. I'm not an insomniac or anything, it's just that I'm not one of those teenagers who rambles on about how I wish I were able to sleep constantly; quite the opposite, in fact. I sleep for about six to seven hours, and then I'm done. It's nigh impossible for me to fall asleep after I wake up. I actually become disappointed in myself if I can't be up by 9:30 at the latest. I've never really been able to wrap my head around the idea of willingly sleeping for 12 hours. But then again, It's important to remember that I didn't know what Jersey Shore is until about a year after it came out, I didn't know who the hell Adele was until quite a while after she became super popular, I cannot stand Glee, etc. It would stand to reason that my way of thinking is vastly different from those around me.

  As a quick update on my space project, I've already picked out the piece that I'm going to read (which I have written). I'm just doing some final touch-ups on it.

To give you an idea of what it's like, all I'm gonna say is that this EP helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment