Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WELP 2: WELP Harder

  I've already given my view on my own space project (see blog post: "WELP..."), so I'll cut straight ahead to my view on one other person's. My favorite project would have be the project in which my class mate Haley stepped inside of a waist-high cardboard box labeled "Haley Cook's Magical Box" and gave multiple examples of different kinds of space (personal, outer, inner, etc.). What I enjoyed about it is that out of all the other projects, it was the least vague (to me, at least. I understood what the others were saying, but it still felt as though the idea of space- a nebulous, abstract concept more pertaining to the lack of something- was a bit lost on some people. I want to emphasize, though, that this doesn't mean they were bad. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them).

  I've begun writing a new story. It revolves around four therapy patients who use a machine simply called The Eye to look inside each others' subconscious. While I'm not terribly far into it, I'm already excited about what I can do.


  Getting back to space, can I just say how ____ing sick I am of space? Now that I sit here and think about it, I realize that while space is an abstract concept, it also has a very concrete definition. SO there was really no way to interpret it as anything but the lack of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment